By2020WeRiseUp is a platform supported by more than 30 climate justice groups mostly based in Europe. Our aim is to be a bridge between different struggles, to help groups and movements escalate their actions, and to strive towards a strategic and coordinated uprising.
To that end, we provide:
- this website, as a platform to give more visibility to groups and actions and help them connect.
- monthly strategy calls and physical meetings for groups to come together and think about common strategies and plans while respecting each other’s ideological and tactical diversity.
- outreach work, connecting groups from different backgrounds related to climate justice, including solidarity, anti-repression, anti-fascist, feminist, anti-speciesist and other networks. You’re welcome to do your own outreach work to help grow this dynamics.
- a contact point for questions and outreach. You may contact us using our official address and PGP key. We’ll do our best to fulfill your requests. You are also welcome to connect us to groups and movements that have not joined the By2020 platform yet.
- a contact point if you are looking for legal support – we don’t provide direct legal support but we can help connect you with legal teams from your region. If you have contacts for a specific country or region, you’re welcome to ask them if they would agree on us keeping their contact and passing it on to whoever would need their help.
- translation support. If you are in contact with volunteer translators willing to help us, please get in touch.
Finally, this platform is coordinated by an international team of grassroots activists. You’re welcome to join the team or contribute in any other way. Let’s rise up together for a better future.
If you want to know even more about #By2020WeRiseUp, see our Beginner’s Guide!